Last Updated on March 1, 2022 by Allison Price
Are you looking for a name that will make a fast horse run faster?
We’ve got you covered!
We have compiled 100 ideas, split between fillies or stallions, that we think are perfect for speedsters.
Let’s take a look!
Table of Contents
Fast Horses: Male Names
- Ajax – Greek name meaning “eagle.”
- Apollo after the space mission.
- Ares is named after the Greek Gods of War.
- Blaze is a fast horse.
- Blitz is a great name for a fast horse.
- Bolt is named after the fastest man on Earth
- Buck deer are some the fastest animals in the world!
- Bullet is a horse that’s incredibly fast.
- Chaos – The coolest name for the fastest horse in the world.
- Chatan Sioux name that means “hawk”
- Choovio – Hopi name meaning “antelope.”
- Colt – For a young, very fast horse.
- Dart – A great name for a fast horse.
- Dolphin — Dolphins are extremely fast!
- Efron – Hebrew name meaning “young stag.”
- Ferrari – These are some of the fastest cars on the road.
- Filipe is a Spanish name for a speed horse.
- Flare is a cool name for a fast horse.
- Flux for horses who don’t want to stop running!
- Gavin – English name that means “hawk”
- Gepard is the Czech term for cheetah.
- Gyrfalcon is named after an animal that flies at 80 MPH!
- Hart – This name means “deer”.
- Honovi – A Hopi name for a strong Deer.
- Kele – This name refers to a sparrowhawk.
- Lotus is named after one of the fastest cars.
- Marlin This is the fastest fish on the planet!
- McLaren is after fast and amazing cars.
- Merlin – The French word for falcon.
- Nitro – The fastest horse in the world!
- Osama Arabic name for “lion”
- Peregrine This is the fastest bird in the world.
- Rabbit is named after these cute, fast animals.
- Racer – This one speaks for itself.
- Rambo – named after Stallone’s heroic character.
- Riptide is named after this amazing phenomenon.
- Roadrunner This is one of the fastest birds around!
- Roo– After the funny and fast kangaroos
- Secretariat – One of the fastest horses ever.
- Shahin – African name that means “hawk”
- Shark is fast.
- Speedo – This one speaks for itself.
- Thor is his companion for fast speeds.
- Tiburon Spanish name for “shark”
- Titan is for horses who cannot be stopped.
- Trapper is a great name for a fast horse.
- Wildebeest – named after the fastest and largest antelopes.
- Zevi – Israeli name meaning “deer.”
- Zippy is a cute and humorous horse.
- Zwi – Norse name meaning “gazelle.”
Similar: 100 Giant Horse Names
Fast Horses: Female Names
- Arinya – Australian name for “kangaroo.”
- Arya is a quick fighter from Game of Thrones.
- Aston is one of the fastest cars on the road.
- Athena is named after the Greek Goddess war.
- Blitz – A very cute and quick horse.
- Bonito – This is a small, fast fish.
- Cha’risa – A Hopi name that is very quick.
- Cheetah is the fastest animal on Earth.
- Chuchip – Hopi name meaning “deer.”
- Coyote is named after the fast African wilddog.
- Danuta is a Polish name that means “deer”.
- Dorcas – Greek name meaning “gazelle.”
- Fanta – This is the fastest dog in the world!
- Fawn This is what you would call a baby deer.
- Filly is a great name for a young filly horse.
- Flash – she’s so fast!
- Gazelle Everyone knows that gazelles are extremely fast!
- Golden — after the Golden Eagle
- Harley is named after the motorbike brand .
- Hera is – After the mother of Gods.
- Hummingbird – These birds are extremely fast!
- Huntress – a huntress moves quickly!
- Hurricane – The cool name for a fast horse
- Jinx – Great name for your fastest horse
- Justice – badass name for a fast horse!
- Kanga – After the cute and fast kangaroos.
- Litonia – African name that means “hummingbird”
- Lulu – Native American name for a quick rabbit!
- Mite – Did you know that these mites can leap 322 inches per second?
- Namir is an Afghani name that means “swift”.
- Needletail This is one of the fastest birds you can find.
- Pengana – Australian name meaning “hawk.”
- Pigeon is a very common bird, but it’s incredibly fast.
- Raven – A great name for a black horse.
- Rebel– For a horse that can just run!
- Rima Arabic name for “antelope”
- Rocket – The fastest horse in the world!
- Sadira Arabic name for “ostrich”
- Shika – Chinese name meaning “deer.”
- Springbok is named after the fastest African Antlope.
- Sprint — maybe this is her favourite activity.
- Sweep is a great name for a fast horse.
- Swift – For an incredibly fast horse!
- Tesla is named after the incredible and fast cars.
- Usagi – Japanese name meaning “rabbit.”
- Vixen– For a cool, fast lady!
- Xena – named after the mighty princess fighter!
- Yan – Chinese name for a quick one!
- Yutu – Miwok name meaning “hunter.”
- Zoom — because zooming is quick!
All names sound great, right? Name Nitro, the fastest horse! Zwi is a favorite of mine as a boy. It’s very unique.
Litonia is a beautiful choice for girls. It’s perfect because I love hummingbirds.
What about you? What do you think is the best name for a fast horse, and why? SHARE THIS!
Leave a comment
Comment Name Email Website
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
I’m Allison, born and raised in San Diego California, the earliest memory I have with horses was at my grandfather’s farm. I used to sit at the stable as a kid and hang out with my Papa while he was training the horses. When I was invited to watch a horse riding competition, I got so fascinated with riding!